From Marci Romney (SDAOSA president):
A friendly reminder, as you are busily engaged in back-to-school, about FIVE important upcoming SDAOSA dates!
- Monday, August 31: EARLYBIRD Discounted Registration deadline for AOSA National Conference. Visit aosa.org
- Friday, September 4: EARLYBIRD $10 Discount Membership deadline for SDAOSA. May we kindly ask ALL MEMBERS to take a few minutes to fill out and return BOTH the NEW MEMBERSHIP FORM and the SURVEY FORM (Link HERE — click on the link to download the forms), with your dues, to Michelle Beeson. Your name will be entered in a drawing for prizes at September 12 workshop! Thanks for those of you who have already responded!
- Saturday, September 12: PRE-CONFERENCE WORKSHOP with internationally acclaimed teaching artists Peter and Mary Alice Amidon, “Creating a Dynamic Learning Community with Traditional Dance, Song and Storytelling.” Come enjoy this unique opportunity to spend six hours with the Amidons dancing, singing songs and singing games like “Rise Sally Rise” and “Jump Jim Joe” from the New England Dancing Masters. Learn about their All-School Sing, adding music to Picture Books, and how to tell a great story. . . and all right here in San Diego.
Amidon materials will be offered for sale at SPECIAL WORKSHOP DISCOUNT PRICING. Bring your checkbook or pennies. You will want to include these materials in your classroom at this discount.
If you have ever considered inviting a friend, colleague, new teacher, administrator or professional musician. . . this is the time. . . Through partial AOSA funding, they are invited to attend this professional development workshop absolutely FREE of charge!
FLYER / INVITATION: Forward or print in color (or black and white/grayscale). Link to flyer HERE.
REGISTRATION BEGINS: at 8:45am
WORKSHOP TIME: 9am-3pm
PARKING: For this workshop only, overflow parking will be available directly across the street from Skyline School, in the Solana Beach Presbyterian Church parking lot. If Skyline upper and lower parking lots are full, enter the church parking lot via Stevens Ave (from Lomas Santa Fe, turn left on Stevens just west of the school and turn left again into the THIRD church parking lot entrance off of Stevens Ave to park in the church OFFICE parking lot — the church does have their own event that day and will be using their other lots). Use the crosswalk at Stevens Ave and Lomas Santa Fe Dr to get to Skyline School.
FOOD: Bring a Lunch. Snacks and drinks available for purchase.
- Thursday, October 1: “Teaching Composition Through Technology” with Anne Fennell. Special workshop for SDAOSA members only. Laptops provided (or bring your own). Space available, enrollment is limited.
RSVP: Marci Romney at email@example.com at your earliest convenience.
ON-SITE LOCATION: Anne’s Music classroom at Mission Vista High School, Oceanside
DINNER: Pizza and Salad by donation
- November 11-14: “Waves of Learning” AOSA National Conference, San Diego Town & Country Convention Center. See http://aosa.org/annual-conference/ for details. Questions? Or would you like to help? Email Sheryl Lloyd firstname.lastname@example.org or Linda Lungren LindaLungrenLCC@gmail.com, our local Conference Chairs.